Sunday, June 1, 2014

CAA

Will the group "Cycling Addicts Anonymous" now come to order.  Hi, I'm Jane Doe and I have a problem.  Now that the warm, sunny weather is upon us, all I want to do is spend every free hour either on my bike, poring over maps, or refueling for the next ride.

The ride where I somehow fell into riding the 10,000
Yes, I'll admit it, I am a cycling addict.  I, however, am not anonymous.  I'm sure every person in my circle, who is not a cyclist themselves, is getting to the point of plugging their ears with their fingers and running away from me every time I say the word "bike".  I wouldn't doubt that drinking games have been made by how many bike references I make in a conversation and I know I'm seen as this annoying one dimensional person.  If it weren't for throwing in the occasional talk about music or food, I'm quite certain I'd lose several friends.  Folks, I'm sorry, but I can't help it, it's a disease.  A disease which my other cycling friends seem to feed--am I allowed to blame them?  Yes, let's.

So here we are, three weeks from summer solstice.  Most of my weekends are already packed with bike yumminess and the few which aren't "set in stone" are now in transition of tipping over the net into more bike adventures.  Today, in the blink of an eye, while on a steamy morning ride, I have now been convinced that doing a 125 mile gravel ride with 10,000 feet of elevation gain, unsupported, in July is a "grand idea".  I have several people to blame for this--you know who you are.  I will just take this moment to remind these "friends" of mine that this is a gentleman's race and they have to finish with me in tow--even if that means carrying me.  You'll get my thanks when we all finish alive and unscathed.

What tops a beautiful morning ride?  Another ride!  Ride the drive year 6 with friends

The trouble with having so many cycling friends and so many cycling events is that there just isn't enough time to do it all.  Although I love my job, I'm thinking I'll just have to quit it each spring to support my out of control habit.  If you see me setting up camp next summer in your backyard, you'll know I sold the house and my belongings to see this through!  Thank you in advance for not calling the cops on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment