Friday, January 18, 2013

Anticipation

My new day planner was opened up about a month ago.  Yes, I still use a paper day planner.  Yes, I am perpetually stuck in the 90's.  Although it is the one thing that keeps me in line for work--I'm not quite sure what words would come out of my mouth if it were misplaced--more often lately, it has become my "book of fun". 

For the past 15 years, my day planner has been black.  This year, however, I went with a hideous shade of purple.  Why not, it fits my mood...playful and wacky.  At least no one will take it by mistake.  Since I've unwrapped it, I have had the pleasure of writing in a ton of upcoming bike adventures.  I must admit, I'm getting a bit giddy.  2013 is shaping up to be one hell of a year. 

Already I've gotten to do some winter riding with the Madison Bike Winter crew and next week holds a field trip to Milwaukee to test ride some of Fyxation's new bike line (and drink good beer).  With a bike trip planned to Mallorca early spring, followed by two gravel road races, Madtown Maidens 3, Riverwest 24 sign up, and rides with the Church of the Spoken Wheel (I'm really looking forward to the bacon ride), I am sure to enjoy this late winter and spring more than any before. Now, I just have to get some more butt miles in to survive all of this!  Here's to you reader, I hope you have a wonderful 2013...filled with your own two wheeled adventures.


No comments:

Post a Comment