Friday, March 29, 2013

Hope Springs Eternal

Hope springs eternal in the human breast;
Man never Is, but always To be blest:
The soul, uneasy and confin'd from home,
Rests and expatiates in a life to come.
-Alexander Pope

Temporary rivers found in almost every field

I do believe the entire Midwest was hoping for the winter to break.  All of this energy, focused on one thing, may have done the trick.  For the first day, in over a month, we hit our "average" high.  49 degrees never felt so damn good.  My booties, winter mitts and amphi tights were shed--replaced with light weight tights, thin gloves and just a synthetic long sleeve on top.  No hat, no ear band.  I could actually feel the sun on my skin.  The arrival of spring has never been more welcomed.

A few of my friends and I biked to go see this great grey owl
With this change of seasons comes a change in me.  A stirring, or giddiness if you will.  My youth has bubbled up, not unlike the ground water flowing everywhere right now, and I want to play.  Everything seems more pleasurable--music, food and yes, biking.  I can only hope this excitement for life has taken hold of you as well.  Until I find myself indoors again writing, enjoy some spring scenes from Wisconsin.

Mother Nature's bike rack


2 comments:

  1. Were you following me Kierstin? I saw the new rivers and took pictures of the Owl as well. Great day to be out on two-wheels.

    ReplyDelete