Monday, September 29, 2014

Falling for Autumn


Autumn is the hardest season.  The leaves are all falling, and they're falling like
they're falling in love with the ground.
-Andrea Gibson



I ride face to sun
soaking in every last ray
golden light shrouds me
-me

Soaking it in the warmth while I can--I may be half lizard


Psychedelic trees
fuel me for the next big climb
never let this end
-me


A grass track splitting the flame red sumac

Autumn fill my nose
with earth, dry leaves and fungi
I'll smell white too soon
-me



Sometimes you just have to treat yourself.  To a long ride with friends or solo, under the banner of changing leaves, to apple pie shots celebrating the new season, to a nap in sunbeams, and to pumpkin ice cream from the Chocolate Shop.  Cheers all and happy fall!


Apple Pie shots post Devil's Lake ride

No comments:

Post a Comment