Friday, May 27, 2016

Doing my part to keep the border secure...

The border is secure!
A couple times each year, my friends and I make our way to the IL border via the H8TR (known as the BST to some). I'm not quite sure how this strange but wonderful tradition got started (there have been too many beers consumed since), but we all feel the strong need to pee on the border line.

Now don't get me wrong, most of us love biking in IL, and all of us have cycling friends who not only live there, but also own bike shops and run bike advocacy groups, but we are proud of our state (well we used to be before Scooter got elected) and marking our territory just seems like the thing to do. Stupid...I know. 

This tradition started a few years ago. Since then, most of my friends have joined me in either going down as a group or solo and posting pictures of not only the border marking, but also the actual "loading of ammo" (Bellville and Monroe are usually the top spots hit). We joke that the border line has now eroded quite a bit since there are usually two places all of us hit. 

Is this kosher? No way. But damn if it isn't a hilarious reason to ride 80-100 miles (depending on where you start from). Bike shenanigans are always the best shenanigans in my book. I look forward to spreading this tradition to others and assume the next time I head down there, the border will look like a mini canyon.


loading ammo

No comments:

Post a Comment